Blackmagic Design has announced three live production updates:
ATEM Mini Pro ($595, available now): A new low cost live production switcher now with extra features for recording, streaming and monitoring.
- ATEM Mini Pro includes a new hardware streaming engine to allow direct streaming via its Ethernet connection to YouTube Live, Facebook and Twitch. Customers can live stream to YouTube, Facebook and Twitch in better quality, without dropped frames and with much simpler settings.
- Support for recording the stream directly to USB flash disks in H.264, plus support for recording to multiple disks for continuous recording.
- ATEM Mini Pro also includes a multiview on the HDMI video output that allows all inputs to be monitored on a single monitor, as well as live status of recording, streaming and the audio mixer.
Blackmagic Camera Update 6.9 (free, available now from the Blackmagic Design website): A new software update for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models that includes studio camera features such as:
- Works as a studio camera when connected to ATEM Mini.
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for film looks.
- Up to 25600 ISO for low light performance.
- Built in 5" touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 6K.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- Supports remote tally, lens and color corrector with ATEM Mini.
HyperDeck v7.1 (free, available now from the Blackmagic Design website): A major new software update that adds multiple new features to HyperDeck Studio Mini broadcast recorders, including:
- New H.264 codec that supports true interlaced HD formats
- New AAC audio codec allowing uploading files direct to YouTube
- Faster Ethernet transfers of 110 MB/s
- Support for longer duration in a single file of at least 3 hours.
We’d love to stay in touch, sign up for the Tech & Learning University team to contact you with great news, content and offers.